Thursday, April 2, 2020

Nothing is Forever ...




"I want to be someone's forever."
Rachel Gibson


In my young adult years, I longed for freedom to make my own decisions.  With my education uplifting me, I knew I was going to make a difference in the world.  As a newly wed, I believed with every beat of my heart that I was someone's forever. 

In years to come, adjusting to reality and disappointment,  my spiritual belief embraced that people, seasons, and  life styles changed at accelerated speed.   A mantra 'expect the unexpected' helped me cope as nothing ever appeared to  be permanent.  

Now in my last years, I view death as a  transition back to my original Divine existence.   With fear being fueled across the world,  I am finding detachment allows more space for kindness and love.     I live moment by moment, slowly letting go.  And if I am wrong ... nothing is forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment