Saturday, February 16, 2019

Until the Day is Done





"It's a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things
you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack."
Germany Kent

Temperature dropping from 33 degrees down to the teens mid day with nothing but high winds and dark gloom.  Without natural light I tend to waver which impacts my creativity, productivity, and outlook on life.  So I decide to light a candle.  

After lighting one candle, I decide to light a candle for each thing I am grateful for ... except I run out of tea lights.  I gather the small lit candles together and feel the radiance from the flicker of the wick.  I imagine the flame is like a warming fire.  

It suddenly registers with me that all days are not meant for creativity and productivity.  Some gloomy days are meant for nurturing and restoration.  So I gather my favorite quilt, current book, and journal to hibernate until the day is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment