Saturday, January 19, 2019

Harmony Between Two Worlds



"Fly like an eagle."
Steve Miller

It is a seven hour drive and I have traveled the same roads for 18 years.  There are favorite stopping points and memorized places for cheap gas.  In one state gas was $2.46 per gallon and then it drops to $1.89 in the neighboring state.  I digress, as my pleasures on these long drives tend to be of beautiful trees, unusual sightings of animals and magnificent flying birds. 

As I travel the winding road, I feel like I am on a tour through nature.  I become minimized while driving through the majestic mountain passes and energized by the powerful trees withstanding wind, fire, and snow.  I count hawks and discern if they are on my feminine or masculine side while opening my mind to receive any incoming spiritual messages.    

There are no distractions like listening to an audio book or ranting radio station.  I am in love with the present moment when I assume the bird above me is a turkey vulture.  As it flies over my sunroof, it is clearly an eagle.  (Ted Andrews book entitled ANIMAL-SPEAKS states that the eagle "will teach a balance of being of the Earth but not in it.")  The eagle nudges me to remember alignment ... to be a part of the sky, but nurture from the ground.  I need to bring harmony between the two worlds.



No comments:

Post a Comment