Thursday, September 13, 2018

Content, Not Finished




"I am content; that is a blessing greater than riches;
and he to whom that is given need ask no more."
Henry Fielding

To be content does not infer we are finished and can just coast the rest of the way home!  To be content is the most wonderful gift, stabilizing our sense of value; but, what of our life purpose?  Do we not need to continue along based on our contentment spreading our words, skills, and insights?

In my life, I am content lacking nothing of importance, but inside I still feel capable of touching the lives of others.  I have no desire to just sit back in contentment.  I want to continue to be a verb for Divine Spirit, to be moved around where I need to be.  As a verb, I can have movement; whereas, a noun is stationary.

If I have the best muffin ever made and I hoard it, the treat will spoil and decay.  If I have riches and never spend a penny, although content, I have missed endless opportunities to assist others.  To be content one feels bursts of joy and why would we not want to share that with others?  With a grateful heart we enjoy what we have, not asking for more and yet willing to share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment