Thursday, August 23, 2018

Parts Divided




"May such calm of soul be mine,
so as to meet the force of circumstances."
Aeschylus


Spirituality has honed my life into a calm of kindness.  I often feel like an ocean breeze or the stillness of the forest trees.  Drama comes, but letting go, it passes through.  Turbulence blows in with worldly circumstances generating my fears, and I am challenged to remain calm while facing chaos.

Deliberate awareness helps me to regain my balance.  If I allow the smallest margin of upheaval to slip into the crease of my serenity, it soon expands into monsoon.  Nothing expands quite as quickly as the fingers of fear.  

To be aware of the passing threat, to consciously release fear, and to focus on the goodness of life sanctions my passage forward.  There is no desire to redo or to readjust what has been.  My strides remain well spaced in hopes of dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment