Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Others Will Follow



 

"Change me Divine Beloved into One who 
honors my emotions.  Let me have my
feelings without judgment, and then release
them.  May I feel deserving to say no when
needed.  Show me how to be kind and loving
to the child inside who needs care."

TOSHA SILVER
Change Me Prayers


Holidays are an interlude of smashing one's personal agenda against the desires of family, friends, and work.  It is a season of trying to do the right thing, say the right thing, and be the right thing ... which never works out as these are very unrealistic goals.

Facing the demands of the holidays, we find ourselves up against numerous emotional scenarios, silently searching for the perfect answer to 'What should I do?" To minimize the emotional roller coaster ride, we are successful when we ask the more important question of "What am I feeling?"  

If we take the time to check in with our emotional state, we will make far better choices when we align our activities with our truth.  We dishonor our selves by acquiescing to the will of others when our heart is screaming "no".  Accept our emotions without judgment and then let go.  Do not waste valuable energy stressing over an obvious choice.  Respect one's self and others will follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment