Friday, December 18, 2015

Fertile Ground




"The day you decide you are more interested in being aware of your thoughts
than you are in the thoughts themselves ~ that is the day you will find your way out."
Michael Singer


There is wisdom in spending less time asking and more time alert to receive.  It does not benefit any one or any situation to petition without remaining aware for the result.  When I allow my mind to be still, it becomes fertile ground for receiving.  New seeds sprout and when bathed in attention, bloom full of knowledge.

Over time, I have conditioned my mind to be silent while washing dishes, vacuuming, or folding laundry.   Much to my surprise, I discovered by creating a quiet mind, I become relaxed and open.  This ability to be in the moment allows for creative thoughts, insightful visions, and answers to things I pondered.

I long for direction and guidance, but frequently forget to pay attention to receive it.  When I allow all of my senses to be awake to hear, see, taste, smell and touch, answers gently come towards me in a variety of ways.  A message can be found in reading, writing, or overhearing a conversation between others.  We may see an answer literally being acted out in nature whether it is in the sky or darkness of the forest.   


No comments:

Post a Comment