Sunday, November 8, 2015

Seeking Home




"I have no place left to live
but in my own heart."

Anne Enright


Gypsy blood tends to run through my veins.  I have lived in many places and wandered across boundaries, hoping to discover home.  In the magical places such as Sedona, Arizona or on Maui, I have felt at home by the energy at the vortexes or by the waves crashing into the sandy shore.  Without a doubt, however, I knew these places were not my home.

As with my life, I have found myself disengaging from formalized religion and embracing freedom of Spirituality.  My childhood faith of a conditional God with rules and doomed sinners has given way to the compassion of all things living.  Life is filled with musical rhapsody and living color, sweeping my existence into a union with both seen and unseen.

By opening my eyes to the glory of life, I have found myself sinking deeper and deeper into the sanctuary of my heart.  In this temple, I know and feel Divine Presence.  When I clear out old wounds and cleanse my perspective I find my heart to be the home I have always been seeking.


No comments:

Post a Comment