Sunday, November 29, 2015

Empowered, Not Overwhelmed



"Take the first step in faith.  You don't have to see 
the whole staircase.  Just take the first step."
Dr Martin Luther King, Jr


At birth, if we were given a preview of the challenges ahead, we would more than likely crawl back into the womb.  This is similar to facing our lives every day.  If we speculate too far into our future, we can be overwhelmed and become stuck right where we stand.  If we look too frequently at our past, we can be bogged down by sadness or regret.  The key, of course, is to remain in the moment.

"Just for today," is a lovely preface  to our daily agendas:

Just for today, I will not be afraid.
Just for today, I will be kind to myself.
Just for today, I will be happy.
Just for today, I will be grateful.
Just for today, I will be mindful.
Just for today, I will count my blessings.

In this way, we are not fear driven.  We can focus on a positive and attract more of the same into our lives.  Slowly, one step at a time, we address the challenges in our lives.  We will find ourselves empowered rather than overwhelmed.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment