Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hope Begins in the Dark







Hope begins in the dark,
the stubborn hope that if you
just show up
and try to do the right thing,
the dawn will come.

Anne Lamott





To be industrious throughout the day, keeps fear at bay.  Oh yes, I relax and play, but all things can be a distraction. 

It is at night, when my mind needs to be a blank slate for dreams to be drawn upon, little creatures dressed in doubt, apprehension and misgiving promenade across my mind with lurid details.  It is at this very time I must quiet my ego, in order for the blanket of silence to stretch out in preparation to gently break the fall of the wisdom descending from the stars.

It is in this quiet darkness just prior to sleep where hope begins to melt into my heart.  Like a magical elixir, hopefulness flows into me bringing calm, faith and trust.

With anticipation, I fall asleep with the promise of dawn.  A new day and a new beginning forthcoming!  I will forego all attempts to do things just right and allow myself to be led by this dawn's early light.



No comments:

Post a Comment