Thursday, September 8, 2011

One Rainy Day Closer To Fall






"Some people walk in the rain,
others just get wet."

Roger Miller



It has rained all day long for three days in a row.  I tell myself things like:  rain is good for the flowers; rain is cleansing; rain makes us appreciate the sun; and rain makes puddles to delight children and ducks!  The great trade-off is that it is no longer one hundred degrees with high humidity.  It is now much cooler, and in spite of the rain, a joy to be outdoors.  I do realize that within a blink of an eye, an Indian Summer can and will appear. 

Fall is my most favorite time of the year, however, so I would be happy to pack away bathing suits and sundresses in exchange for jeans and 'hoodies'!  The leaves turn amazing colors, apples are delicious, and sitting around an outdoor fire mesmorized by the flames just couldn't get any better.

My love for cooking shifts to things like home made breads, soups, chicken and noodles, roast in the crock pot, pumpkin bars with thick cream cheese frosting or a really good dutch apple pie!  Hot cider is always a perfect beverage to welcome the fall. 

When fall arrives, I am more than ready to throw open the windows, sit out on the patio, and appreciate all of the changes nature is making around me.  I can take long neighborhood walks, go to parks, and attend numerous fall festivals.  I find myself feeling alive again!

The rain still falls and the wind continues to blow, but I am happy that it is bringing me one day closer to fall.  I will sit inside, read my book, do a little writing, and maybe even work in a nap!






No comments:

Post a Comment