Friday, September 23, 2011

'Stay Close' ...




Dreams are like letters from God.
Isn't it time you answered your mail?

Marie Louise von Franz


Falling asleep came easily for me last night, but in the middle of the night, I abruptly woke up.  As I generally keep track of my dreams, I settled back down into my pillow and allowed my self to recall what I had been dreaming.  

Out of all my friends, my college roommate has known me the longest.  She is near and dear to my heart, especially now as her body tries to accept a bone marrow transplant.  She has been on a healing journey for numerous months and successfully rid her body of leukemia.  She is a very strong and determined woman who maintains an attitude of hope, faith, and good cheer. 

When we communicated yesterday, I told her that I would 'stay close' to her as I possibly could, meaning through prayer, energy, love, and light.  A spirit must have overheard me and took me at my word, as I found my self present with my dearest friend in the middle of the night in the space called dream time.

Dreams have been a fascinating topic for me.  I have researched dream time for years and have made numerous presentations on this very subject.  I work well with my dreams as well as the dreams of others.  There is an abundance of information and experience that can be learned from these inner visions, but one must stay balanced by understanding symbols, who the people in the dream represent, and what the message beneath the surface is trying to explain to the unseeing eye.  Even with all of this, dreams are not easy to understand.

I settled back into a restful position and did some deep breathing.  I closed my eyes and tried to re-enter my dream, keeping my senses alert so that I would comprehend all aspects of the message.

The atmosphere was like gauze with heavy swirling colors.  I could not literally see this dear sister of my heart, but I knew she was there.  I recognized her just as easily as if I had been in her presence and simply closed my eyes.  I felt disturbed by the varying dark gray colors that kept swirling in this gauze-like area that seemed to indicate that she was quite uncomfortable.  I could feel my calm begin to slip away as everything seemed to be out of balance. 

Suddenly I understood.  Earlier, I told her from my heart that I would 'stay close' and apparently this is what I was meant to do in this space called dream time.  I silently called out to her and told her that I was with her.  I covered all of the floating gauze with gentle healing colors.  I spread light throughout the entire scene and found a little cubby hole to drain all of the darkness from her body, heart, and soul.  I found myself humming to her and sending her energy, love, and light that would support her wherever she chooses to go. 

It was at this point that I woke up, feeling as though I had just had an extremely peaceful and calming visit with my long time friend.  I realized that I had been given this 'picture' of how I can best help her.  It is a vision to be played over and over again during my meditations or simple thoughts of her during the day.   I will memorize this scene committing it to memory so that I can 'stay  close' to her as I possibly can ... wherever she may journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment