Saturday, January 2, 2021

Kindness in the Midst of Chaos

 




"The inner life of any great thing will be
incomprehensible to me until I develop
and deepen an inner life of my own."
Parker J. Palmer

Early mentors shared visions with me that were challenging to foresee, and yet I wanted  to believe in dreams of peace, joy, and love.  After I found kindred spirits, however, I was able to share and experience on a deeper level.  Years later, I kindled my inner light which still reflects darkness; but, I am better prepared to stay in the moment and just observe.

When I glance through my old journals, it is obvious how I gravitated towards goals that only postponed my greater understanding.  I am amused at the multitude of roadblocks set up before me, gently guiding me back onto my path.  As for my patient teachers, I remain deeply grateful.

In these later years, my foundation is secured with my passion for Reiki.  It is a tool allowing me to send love, light, and energy out into the world, into individual hearts, and as comfort to those close to me.  It is so non-invasive with no time component and no return address.  It enables me to feel kind, extend kindness, and hold me in a sacred space in the midst of chaos.





No comments:

Post a Comment