Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Shower Cleanses Gunk Away





"The greatest challenge in life is to be our own person and
accept that being different is a blessing and not a curse."
Kilroy J. Oldster

My entire body was exhausted from hauling all of this garbage out.  The more I removed, the more it seemed to expand.  For what reason had I been keeping all of this heavy and stinking garbage floating around in my head?  I wanted to reflect light to others and be free to be me!

Upon finishing, at least for now, I stood in the shower allowing water to cleanse all lingering gunk away.  It felt so good, like I had tilled a field and fragrant flowers were pushing up through the ground.  It was now so much easier to see my goodness and feel happy with who I was without all unnecessary things clinging to me.

I promised myself to be selective with what I would now store.  I would continue to listen to criticism, except I would discard what didn't fit.  I would increase my time with those who support me and limit my exposure to those who pulled me down.  I yearned to be 'me' and anxiously awaited my flickering candle to grow brighter  and to guide  my positive energy wherever it needed to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment