Friday, May 11, 2018

The Girl Who Keeps on Giving



"I'll love you and I will
until the end of time."
Danielle Steel

My last and fourth child was predesignated to be named Andrew, except the baby was a girl born on Mother's Day.  The surprise of birthing a daughter overwhelmed me.  I knew how to raise my three boys, but there was not an instruction booklet attached to my daughter.

The greatest gift a mother can receive is a child, but when the child grows into a special spirit, she is truly a blessing.  Learning together and strengthening bonds never to be broken, two hearts face the wonderment of life.

My lovely daughter unfolded before my eyes with intelligence, compassion, and a drive for purpose.  She maintained and developed the gifts of listening, processing, and guiding.  She respected the privacy of others, and held criticism only for her self.  Now professor/therapist, loving wife and exceptional parent, this young woman has touched my heart in ways that will be remembered throughout eternity.  Happy Birthday my daughter ... the gift that keeps on giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment