Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Respect and Honor






"Many people regard their need for solitude as a form of betrayal
since it takes them away from the loving presence of family and friends.
But occasional isolation is a vital element in the maintenance of human well-being, 
which means that wanting to be alone is not so much a commentary on the state of our relationships as it is indicative of the simple desire to reconnect with our inner selves."  
Daily Om Cancer Horoscope

Throughout my life, sisters of my heart have been amazing guides, challengers, and secret keepers.  The relationships with these women are treasures in my soul; and yet, there are times when I need to take my absence.

Why do I feel guilty if I reply not to attend.  They all know their importance to me, so how odd for me to not want to join in a gathering of learning, sharing, and healing.  It seems that I have finally  accepted that respect and honor applies to my lovely self as well!

The words yes and no are of equal value.  One is not better than the other.  One is not negative while the other is positive. Both are just as acceptable if we are balanced with respect and honor for the self.  Give in to the simple desire of being connected with the inner self.





No comments:

Post a Comment