Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Pace of the Flame



"A stray fact:  insects are not drawn to candle flames,
they are drawn to the light on the far side of the flame,
they go into the flame and sizzle to nothingness because
they are so eager to get to the light on the other side."
Michael Cunningham



 As I stepped onto the burning coals, placing one foot in front of the other, I marveled at the coolness brushing across my face.  I could feel the bed of  heat beneath my feet, and yet, feel my spirit rise above me.  It was as though I was the wick in the midst of the flame.

The one side of the flame drew my attention, and the other created an open space.  Fire, like passion can burn too quickly, leaving nothing but cold ash.  So  I yearned to learn the balance sustaining the pace of the flame.

The secret is to let go and allow Spirit to create a spark.  In time, a twin flame appears like a fallen star from the sky, fueling the fire at day break and raking the coals at night. The unfolding warmth shimmers and shines, as each side now becomes one with the flame.


No comments:

Post a Comment