Thursday, June 9, 2022

Significance of Encounter




"If only you could see how important you are to the lives of those you meet.  
How important you can be to people you may never dream of.  
There is something of your self that you leave at every
meeting with another person."
Fred Rogers 

Traipsing through a high traffic mall, I glanced across to the shoppers heading the opposite way.  My eyes settled upon a gentleman who had startling blue eyes. He was dressed in business attire, and never broke stride as his sweet eyes rested upon my face and immediately broke into a smile.  Between us, there was a swift recognition of an unexplainable and deep connection.

It has been over forty years since this took place, and I continue to have the certainty that after life, in a different realm,  I will come to understand the significance of this encounter.  I am convinced that on some level, none of us are truly strangers. 

The underlying importance, as I understand it, is the necessity of kindness to everyone crossing our path. The simple smile is an exchange of energy that could possibly tip the scales for an individual feeling like a 'lost' soul.  Uplift someone with a smile and do not be surprised when it is returned!  


No comments:

Post a Comment