Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Awkward Parts of Me



"When you really look for me, you will see me instantly ...
you will find me in the tiniest house of time.
Kabir

I was once told that if I kept chasing after something, I would never catch it as it would not have enough space to turn around to meet me.  I guess this made sense, but my ego could not imagine obtaining something unless I chased it.  I did not believe anything or anyone would ever choose to approach me without being beckoned.  

In years that followed, I tempered my chasing by seeking what seemed to be speaking to my heart.  I was somewhat concerned as being a seeker led me from the path most often taken.  I tried to follow what whispered to me in wisps of wonderment carrying me farther within to discover myself instead of those I once followed.

In these past years, I have stopped seeking as there is magnificence surrounding me in every flower, sunbeam, and star.  When one becomes very still, allowing a gaze to gently pass over the surrounding space, magical moments occur.  A person may shift before my very eyes or a simple glance may catch the smile on a butterfly while a silent message is reflected in images floating in the sky.  These happenings call me forward, transcending awkward parts of me into the nature of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment