Saturday, June 29, 2019

Configuration of the Darkened Sky




"Emotions influence every action we take.  So the more
we are aware of our feelings, the more we gain conscious
control over our lives."
Jessica Moore

As the wind increased, the tree tops were no longer gently swaying.  The soft white clouds floating over the sun were overcome by threatening dark clouds.  How fast the scene had changed and with this viewing, my inner landscape changed as well.

I definitely did not feel well and stood in front of the medicine cabinet wondering which pill to take ... migraine, sinus, or tylenol.  As I glanced towards another shelf, there were bottles of essential oil which might be less harmful to my body.  Lavender, lemon grass, and frankincense were chosen to address my emotions.
  
The configuration of the darkened sky turned me inward, wondering which inner storm had churned my emotions.  It was then I realized the importance of not just treating the pain, but to acknowledge the part of me triggering my discomfort.   As I brought a particular piece of my past forward,  I covered it in love, welcoming it to all of my healthy pieces forming the whole.  I knew the sun would shine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment