Monday, April 29, 2019

In Remembrance of My Soul




"When you reach for the stars, you are reaching for the farthest
thing out there.  When you reach deep into yourself, it is the same
thing, but in the opposite direction.  If you reach in both directions,
you will have spanned the universe."
Vera Nazarian
THE PERPETUAL CALENDAR OF INSPIRATION

Deep inside of my lovely self, I pull out memories of  deception, betrayal, and suppression,  This task reminds me of gutting a pumpkin ... strands of slime, seeds, and slithering roots.  In my mind I am envisioning new growth, healthier seeds, and warmth to replace the cold and disgust of poor choices.

Maintaining my inner dwelling does not excuse me from tending to my higher self which is the connection to all that is holy.  The eternal light above me is patient and kind, shining hope and joy when I am lost in the dark.

It sounds so simple for me to be reaching in two directions at once, but indeed, I must be mindful as I am so easily swayed.  I gently stack sacred images from the clouds in the sky, to gently surround my heart.  In the day time hours, the sun warms spaces to place my feet;  and in the night, the moon glows in remembrance of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment