Sunday, April 21, 2019

A Thousand Truths




"One falsehood spoils a thousand truths."
African Proverb

It is mind blowing to wade through the celebrations of this day, prior to the history of Christ.  It is somewhat discerning to piece through Easter symbols only to find they were not originated in christianity.  Without discrediting Jesus the Christ, it is unsettling to learn how this day of celebration became a blend of preceding practices.

Statements like 'the truth will set you free' gives me permission to explore diversity in religious beliefs without making one right or wrong.  The saying, 'use your freedom to love one and other' encourages me to respect my core beliefs and the values of others.

The concept of God being on my side has never set well with me, as I have been led to believe that we are all children of God, that God has made each and every one of us.  Jesus the Christ died for all men, not just specific religious sects.  True, I cannot explain the dissimilarities amongst all of us, but then I have not been called to judge.   

No comments:

Post a Comment