Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Stirrings of Spirit





"To ignore, repress, or dismiss our feelings
is to fail to listen to the stirrings of the Spirit
within our emotional life."
Brennan Manning



Flea Markets cater to my child like feelings of discovery and simple pleasure which trigger memories. 
Random things like coming across a set of dishes my best friend's family used so many years ago.  In the bottom of an old wooden box hides a toy my boys once fought over. 

Antique Malls have the same impact as I search for round silver sugar spoons or small round butter pats  to hold my tea bags or hot spoon.  The crazy quilts hold my attention as several had slipped through my fingers when I owned my store, The Town Crier.  As I wander, it really isn't about purchasing as it is to be enveloped by tidings stored from years gone by.

One day speculating about pottery to use as planters, I was surprised to find a cement angel on bended knee.  Everything else seemed to fade away and there were no words to be heard.  Nevertheless, this angel carried a message for me, affirming my respect for what has passed and for what has yet to come.  I mentally thanked myself for always being open to spirit and I carried gratitude for the remainder of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment