Friday, October 12, 2012

Checking Lists Twice





I love deadlines.
I like the whooshing sound they make
as they fly by.

Douglas Adams



Making lists is one of the things I excell at.  I have had years of practice to fine tune this skill.  I make a list for the day and within that list I make other lists for the store or what must be done by noon or prep for dinner.  My list has categories as to what must be done today and what items might roll over into the next day.  I will also make a list projecting into the week so I have a loose idea of what will be required of me.

There are certain note pads I use for the grocery store and different paper for household chores.  My weekly projection is in my organizer.  Then of course I have my journal for more personal agendas. 

At times I wonder if I am really that organized or just a well disguised procrastinator.  If I eliminated all of the lists, would I have much more time to get chores completed?  I am not yet convinced.  There is something really satisfying about checking off completed tasks from my list!  There is a sense of productivity looking at all of the crossed off completions.

Coffee cup in hand, I spend early morning composing.  If I am particularly swift and finish early, I find myself checking the lists twice.  After all, that is one of my oxymorons ... an organzied procrastinator!




No comments:

Post a Comment