Sunday, September 9, 2012

Light Around You






Give light and people will find the way.

Ella Baker


A few days ago, I got stuck in an old emotional pattern.   Just one small negative thought crossed my mind, and instead of letting it slide right on through, it lodged itself in a web hanging in darkness.  The one small thought gathered other negative thoughts into the sticky web, growing in size.  One small thought became a wad of worry, concern, and fear.

I sent a quick e-mail to my women's circle, asking for them to place me in the circle of light at their gathering as I would be absent.  Almost immediately, I received uplifting responses.  The best was: "Just put that light around you now!  We will miss you!"

My friend's kind suggestion to use light, empowered me to take immediate action for myself.  Her simple words lifted my spirits, "We will miss you!"  I felt so much better.

The Circle of Women I meet with weekly always offers light to our loved ones, to those needing support, to those surrounding us in life, to the community, to the state, to the world.  We send light to those who may be homeless, hungry, ill or isolated.  For this brief time in our circle, we feel strongly connected with all people, tied by our compassionate hearts, universal love and oneness.

We truly need to remember to use our voices, to reach out and ask for help.  We must also be mindful that sending light or prayer can be very sporadic and brief, not time consuming.  When we are prompted to check on someone, to call or e-mail, I believe it is DIVINE SPIRIT working through us to assist someone else.  We need to respect these 'nudges' and follow through.

Holding my light, rekindled by the light of others, surely I will find my way!











No comments:

Post a Comment