Tuesday, March 20, 2012

New Beginnings of Spring



The cool wind blew in my face
and all at once
I felt I had shed dullness from myself.
The birds were singing.
It was spring.

Burl Ives


 
Spring is here and I feel as though I have just awakened from a long winter's nap.  The birds are all singing and the grass is greening while the flowers are making their debut.  Once again I feel a joy, a connection with all of life.  I am ready to begin again, to plant seeds and nurture them for creative growth.  My energy is coursing through my body and I am excited to move forward again!


On small slips of paper, I have written down all of the 'shoulds' in my life (I should attend ... I should call ...) and placed them in a small brown paper bag.  I went out to the garden and buried the sack below the rich garden soil.

There is newly found freedom in letting these 'shoulds' go.  A heaviness has been lifted and I excitedly wonder how my life will grow.  I want it to unfold without structure or obligations, to just gently flow. 

I long for Spirit to move me through the mysteries of nature and into the creative silence I have known as bliss.  During the day, I will wait in the white wicker rocker with sunshine on my face.  I will linger on the porch swing of the evening, watching as the moon slowly glides across the sky.  Even in dream time, I will maintain an awareness for the new beginnings of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment