"The most important person you meet in life is your highest self."
Matshona Dhliwayo
During a Reiki training, my Reiki Master Morris asked if we knew the definition of a guru. Several responded with flowing description. Then he shared his definition ... gee, you, are you. There was no mistake in that he never held one person above another. He believed we each had something to learn as well as share.
There is great comfort in exchanging knowledge with others, but they are not to be worshipped. An enlightened human never pontificates himself or herself. They teach and share with the intention of assisting us reach stronger connections with our higher selves. With the recognition of our higher self, we will be propelled forward.
There are those I hold in the highest esteem and feel humbled by his or her presence. But this is not to diminish myself. I may not have their gifts, but I do have my own. It is the blending together where the meeting of the minds elevates individual contribution impacting the life of all peoples in united peace and goodwill.

No comments:
Post a Comment