Saturday, December 19, 2020

On the Other Side




"I believe it is the flaws that make us interesting,
our backgrounds, our hardships.
Jane Green

While day dreaming near a tree, I happened to notice how the bark was cracking, dislodged, and separating.  I could not help but wonder if this physically hurt the tree.  If I had still been a child, I would have tried to tape or glue this amazing tree back together; but, as an adult, I knew true healing comes from the inside.

To receive kind affirmations or condolences help, but authentic healing must come from within.  It may be a slow process, but if not dealt with in the present, the negativity will fester and demand greater attention as time passes.

It is vitally important not to bury that which bothers us.  We will do our best when we slow our stride and be gentle with what is going on deep inside of us where others cannot see.  Embracing our obstacles may seem relentless, but once we master the needed tools to pass the lesson, we will be stronger on the other side.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment