Monday, April 4, 2011

Stone Walls Do Not A Prison Make


"Stone walls do not a prison make."

Richard Lovelace

So often a person feels imprisoned never realizing that the door is unlocked. 

Once in a dream, I found myself in a cage.  I wept for my freedom and was starving for nourishment.  My spirit kept growing smaller like a light fading into the darkness.  Fear was draining all of my energy so I could not imagine trying to escape.  I grew cold and put my hands into the pockets of my jacket and to my astonishment, there was the key!

Prisons are frequently self-imposed as we unknowingly give our power away.  Our voice grows silent further stiffling dreams and desires.  Depression triggers a withdrawal from support and isolation completes the disconnect. 

Why is it that we tend to withdraw when we most need to reach out?  What makes us trust the power of others over our own?   How is it that we close both eyes and ears when we know the truth in our heart?

Reach into your pocket and hold the key in your hand.  It is a key to opportunity allowing personal, emotional and spiritual security.  Unlock your hidden fears and unfulfilled desires through therapy, energy work, or journaling.  Rediscover what lays beneath the debris of life.  Your authentic self is waiting, do not delay!

No comments:

Post a Comment