Friday, March 18, 2011

Aligned ...

"I am not aligned therefore there is not strength to support me.
I cannot stand as all reasoning has turned to liquid.
Loneliness, sadness and isolation, all are my enemies.
Fear is the cage that holds me."

Mark Nepo


Behavioral occurances run through my years, just like threads weaving through the fabric of life.  I have learned, forgotten, and then learned again at a deeper level while breaking a thread here and there, selecting clashing colors and designing a unique pattern.  All of this creates who I am today.

As I ponder my life, I can see the pattern that has been formed, but acknowledge that there are a few strands of thread remaining to complete the design.  The part left unwoven is my writing.  Even though I have been a writer all of my life as well as an avid reader, I have neglected to follow through with sharing my writings on a larger scale. 

In these later years, I sense an obligation to myself to write what comes through my heart, my soul, and my spiritual beliefs.  It seems that if I cross over at the completion of this life without this task well done, my life contracts will not have been fulfilled.

I believe that it is this incompletion that draws loneliness, sadness, and isolation to me.  It is when I utilize my skills and gifts with attention and awareness that strength fills me entirely.   When I am aligned with all that is within me, realization dawns that the cage has never been locked and freedom is obtained with a simple shoulder shove to the door.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment