Monday, November 5, 2012

Encased in a Bubble







 Though it will always be difficult
To find the words for what you feel,
May you find ease in that awkwardness
Until gradually from beneath
The gravel of stuttered sounds
The pure flow of you emerges.

John O'Donohue
To Bless the Space Between Us


There is no sunshine, just a promise of rain.  I feel absolutely the same.  There is no sun shining  in my heart, and the clouds are moving in with tears.  I long for the release of emotion, and feel as though I may burst in the process.

Words are my strength, stringing them lovingly together, and yet today, my words are utterly useless.  They are awkward and clumsy leaving my thoughts and feelings trapped inside.

Word spread through my circle of friends  of a terrible loss.  I feel completely inadequate to offer any words of comfort as I know at this point, there are no healing words.  No phrases could possibly ease the pain and there are no sayings able to drain the anger from the heart. 

In solitude, I hold my friend and her family in my mind's eye.  I cover them with love, energy, and light hoping they will each find a healthy way to deal with their pain and loss.  I encase them in a golden light, mentally placing them in a bubble to maintain spiritual support for as long as they may need.

Continuing in quiet, I mentally hold this circle of friends in the palms of my hands.  I cover them with energy, love and light.  I send the intention of courage and wisdom  so we may all support our friend and allow ourselves to discover acceptance and healing as well.  May we stand present with our friend while finding a new way to begin again.



No comments:

Post a Comment